Re: [MV] A whole mess of questions

From: frey2@eng.usf.edu
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 08:24:43 PST

Ken your the one in the picture, when i got it off of a dealer site it was
titled engle. That is exactly what i am wanting to do. The thing is stopping
is an apparrent problem. So i came up with this, when making a towbar to tow
it with either accompany a hydraulic surge brake acutator in it or install an
electronic hydrualic surge brake that uses an accelerometer and can be mounted
anywhere. These unit push about 1600 psi but according to my calculations the
air system in the truck put up to 2600 psi on the hydrualic system. Thus the
surge brake alone would not work, so then i would need to mount a small
compressor, preferably one use for air suspension systems on my tow truck run
quick disconnext line out next to the light plug and tap in to the dueces air
system, and charge it up. now having the full braking force of an F350 and
the duece. Yall think it could work?
                              -Nic
Quoting Recovry4x4@aol.com: