Re: [MV] CUCV manual

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 11:33:38 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Zehr" <jeeperjim@cox-internet.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 6:49 AM
Subject: [MV] CUCV manual

> I read the post made by Chance this morning.
> Does anyone have a method of obtaining the Canadian CUCV manuals similar
> our method of downloading in the U.S.?
> The authentic parts manuals would be a great asset for someone in
> restoration of these trucks (such as myself).

We don't have anything remotely similar to LOGSA in the frozen north, as far
as I know. The unit was usually sent x-copies of whatever shop manual was
required with one held back for the Unit library direct from That Outfit
What Supplies Manuals in CF. In theory anyhow. My old comms unit regulary
chucked all their old manuals in the dumpster (some were kept back for me by
friends), and the local Maint outfit would've done the same with this CUCV
one if someone wasn't handy at the time. (And I love someone's instant
acronymn for B.I.N.R.A.T. Consider it stolen! "Binrat" is a term we use
for all the storesmen especially, but sometimes for other forms of
Chairborne Commando whose officious nature obscures their official function.
Heh. No wonder I cashed out as a Private.)

Anyway, the manual at work still has its cover on it and there might be a GM
part number on the manual itself. If so, I'll copy it to the list and
perhaps you can still order it. The only reference on the coverless one I
have here at home is "LT-TRUCK-52D". If I didn't have so much webwork to
do already, I'd scan the one I have here as a .pdf and host it somewhere.
Sure helped me a lot with the work fleet - especially all the exploded
diagrams of everything already handily translated into Detroitian GM-ese.