Re: [MV] My big green truck won't start (reply to Ronzo

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 11:42:14 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bjorn Brandstedt" <super_deuce@hotmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] My big green truck won't start (reply to Ronzo

> Great post, Ron! I had a similar, but much less scary incident once when
the
> accelerator pedal return spring broke. Stopped it with the enginge stop
> handle that time...
> Again, thanks for the post, something we should all remember.
> Bjorn

That was a great post. I haven't had any runaways with M-series yet (thank
God), but I remember one of my friends telling me a tale of when he was
operating Hayes logging trucks out in the middle of nowhere here in B.C.
Apparently, under certain conditions, the engine would approach stall and
then start running *backwards*, at which point it would soon grenade quite
spectacularly. The one time it happened to him miles from anywhere, he
quickly tore off his jean-jacket and stuffed it in the exhaust stack -
effectively starving the engine. Saved the truck, but didn't do much for
his jacket.