Re: [MV] Relating to M series split rims

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 15:58:25 PST

If you have a flat and drive to a stop the rim cannot come off on its own.
Driving on a flat (front) tire may wedge the rim loose if you are off road
with rocks, stumps or something hitting the rim just right (wrong), but even
that's doubtful.
  They fly off when the tire bead is pushing it out by being improperly
seated durning the process of inflation.

Removing the deflated tire is safe. You need a sledge hammer to install the
rim on the wheel and without the pressure from an improperly seated tire,
the rim will not come off without special tools.

Increasing the pressure from 30 to 50 psi is safe if the tire was seated
correctly to begin with.

To learn more, visit your local tire shop and talk to the people that deal
with these things on a daily basis.

Do something really dangerous, drive a vehicle with 20 gallons of highly
flammable gasoline in a thin metal tank under it's belly with an electric
fuel pump running submerged within it.

Well, you know what I mean.

Cheers,
Bjorn

>From: AVarvarigo@aol.com
>To: super_deuce@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: [MV] Relating to M series split rims
>Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:23:19 EST
>
>Hi there, let me get it straight. If my deuce tire becomes flat, as I drive
>for instance, even though I drive to a stop with a flat, I should be ok?
>Also taking the flat tire out (wheel and all), to replace it with the
>spare,
>that's ok?
>Lastly, when I bought my deuce, the front tires had about 30 lbs of
>pressure
>and I upped it to 50 as the decal says. Was that safe? Thank God nothing
>happened and I will probably have to do it again the next time any of the
>wheels
>need air..
>Tony

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com