Re: [MV] Rear License Plate Mounting - M1008

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 19:56:31 PST

Hi Plaz...

My friend Steve (who used to have a cherry M1009) designed a slick
front and rear license plate mount for CUCVs. They are made of steel,
and slide onto either of the front or rear shackle posts on a M1009
but does not interfere with the use of the shackle, pintle, or
tailgate. You simply pop your shackle loop off (and the pin), slide
the mount over the post, and put your shackle and pin back on. The
rear mount also has a provisions for a standard license plate light.
They are VERY cool because when you get to an MV show or parade, you
can just slip them off for that USGI look.

If you (or anyone else) is interested in them, he sells them for $30
each (front or back) painted in either olive drab or sand.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com