Re: [MV] My big green truck won't start (reply to Ronzo

From: Bill Kealey (cwkealey@charter.net)
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 08:13:21 PST

Ron(zo) and everyone else helping me,

Well, no other way to put it, so . . . as usual I very much enjoyed what you
wrote. Great style. And, thankfully, I was born in the 50's so don't feel
insulted! <grin>

In the defense of RAM, he did send a message off list which is very much
appreciated. I guess this gave him the chance to roll over and even out the
tan?

Fortunately, I did have the good fortune of being born with a little common
sense and I guess during the maturing part of life am developing a little
bit of wisdom? I did not play with the manifold heater while using the
either. I only used a very small shot of either to see if it would fire
off, the engine did so just enough to make me realize that the engine will
run if it has fuel.

As I probably have stated on other occasions my skills are with gasoline
powered engines and sparkplugs. The diesel is new to me and I am learning.

I have downloaded manuals, a bunch of them, from LOGSA and printed a couple
. . . very time, paper and ink consuming. Just glad I was able to add a
device to my printer to allow printing on both sides in one step.

An acquaintance of mine has promised a couple of days ago to deliver me the
complete set of manuals which I hope he will deliver on. He had them from
his military service and is now retired. If he does give, trade or sell
them to me I won't be able to get them until Monday evening.

But, so far the manuals on the computer have worked. I just have to get
used to the way the military organized them. And I agree that the ones that
I downloaded are written for the same people whom assume that McDonalds
coffee will not burn you if you spill it on you. Or worse yet, for the
morons on the jury who give out awards to people who are basically need
picture instructions to breathe.

Thanks again, Ron and all of the others who have been sending me ideas and
advice on and off lists. I really do appreciate it and though it is
doubtful that I will be permitted to play with the truck today, I hope to
work on it tomorrow.

By the way, I also wish to apoligize to all for my negligence in advising
that the big green truck is my 1972 M35A2 non-turbo w/winch and NO heat
(yet!).

Also for you folks on the East Coast I am located in the mountains of
Western Maryland.

For you folks on the West Coast I am located in the hills, not really
mountains - I understand, of Western Maryland.

I will send an update when I get to the root of the problem and can start
driving in the snow.

Thanks to all,

Bill K.
MVPA #24623