M211 Value/selling?

From: Caleb Pal, Network Operations (sysop@spitfire.homelinux.com)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 10:52:02 PST

Hello all,

Well sadly, I might have to sell my XM211. I am going to be converting a
M35A2 to run on SVO, and the cost for the materials, plus the cost of the
truck, is going to require funding that I don't have. I do not want to sell
it, as it has been my first MV project. I just wanted to check with the list
and see how much a 1952 XM211 would be worth. It probably will not come with
a bed, a M35A2 bed is on it now, but that will be going with another truck.
It has a winch on it, not original, but off of a M135. The truck is in good
condition, no rust besides minor surface rust, and the windshield frame one
spot is rusted thorugh. I am not sure of the miles on the truck. The
odometer says around 2550, but I do not think this is correct, my guess is
under 15,000 miles. It has a hard top, the rear window in the hard top needs
new glass, the wildshield needs new glass on both sides, has the REB power
shift kit. Things it needs: Windshield glass, parking brake ( Was broken off
by the previous owner), will need a bed ( I have a semi-local source if
needed), the fuel tank is not on it, was surface rust inside, have the
materials to clean it, and a few other small items need repaired. The engine
runs great, nice and strong. I also have the M135 parts truck. Has a good
engine, transmission, body is trash, has severe rust, but runs good. No
brakes, so would need to be trailered. Has almost new back tires, 11.00X20
street tires, thick tread. So, what do you think its worth? Some pictures
can be seen at http://mv.homelinux.com. Those are not the latest. If someon
is interested, email me and I can take more. Both trucks are located on
Lopez island, in northwest washington state. About 80 miles and a ferry ride
away from Seattle.

Caleb