Leaking Hydra-boost

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 07:11:15 PST

Anyone else having problems with the hydra-boost brake boosters leaking, I
am refering to the GM thing used on CUCV and Hmwvv's? It's PS oil not
brake fluid and it's coming out the front of the booster between it and
where the master cylinder bolts on. This is the second rebuilt unit that
has done this, seems I'm only getting about two years each time. Is a new
factory GM unit better perhaps or is there a particular rebuilder that does
a better job? Or, I see in the manual that there is a seal in that end of
it, is that easily replacable?

thanks,

je