Re: [MV] A whole mess of questions

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 07:15:46 PST

4. I have seen a picture of somebody towing a duece with a 1 ton chevy
pickup,
how can this be done safely?

Put the duece on a flatbed gooseneck trailer (with brakes) and make sure
the 1 ton is properly setup for the load and go to it. No problem. I know
it has been done, but I don't think I have the gonads to flat tow a duece
with a 1 ton.

5. How resistant to tearing are the canvas cab and bed tops to limbs and
branches?

How big are the limbs? Canvas weakens with age and generally does not
coexist with branches and limbs very well.

7. I was told it is not good to let the engines idle for extended periods
of
time due to carbon build up on the valves, thus causing them to stretch, is
this
true?

Most engines do not do well idling for extended periods of time. (like
hours)

8. What batteries can I use to replace the original ones? they only last
about a
day now.

I go non-military on batteries. My M51 dump has several years on it now
running 2 Sam's club group 27 marine starting batteries. They were about
$50 each. If it starts and runs well for 3+ years, I figure the batteries
must be ok. I don't plan on running my batteries underwater so I don't
think the mil batteries are required.

Dave