2.5 tons

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 08:09:39 PST

A while back I made a post concerning Deuces.
I did receive a couple of responses for which I am very appreciative.
Is there anyone else that has any first hand information concerning a 2.5
ton purchase for someone new to this particular truck? I did operate a few
in an Aviation unit in the Army but as we all know that is a different
world.
Any particular years or manufacturers better than other?
I know like everything else, they are built to a government spec rather than
a particular brand name like civilian units but I can't help but think that
there are a few suttal differences.
Which engines are better or would be called first choice if you could
choose, etc.?
Would you better off to go for a better drivetrain rather than body or vice
versa when viewing them at G.L., state auctions, county auctions, ect.?
I am considering a purchase for general usage and fun and am loking for
guidance from the pros.
Thanks,
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com