Re: [MV] Leaking Hydra-boost

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 09:28:09 PST

For minor nuisance leaks, I've always had good luck with a product called
Lucas Power Steering stop leak, or something to that effect. I've added a
small bottle to the power steering and had it dry up the leaks for a couple
of years with no side effects.

That's the only product that I have found to consistently work in all sorts
of different vehicles, especially the GM Hydraboost setups on the trucks.
It'd be worth a shot before tearing a Hydraboost back out again though.

BTW, I've had bad experiences on two 'rebuilts' straight out of the box,
back to back, and finally just got the parts store to get a new unit to
replace the original. I was lucky enough that they paid the difference in
the price to make up for all the hassle.

Good luck with it.

John