turn signal tip

From: patrick jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 12:43:28 PST

I have had a turn signal be intermittemt, that is, the left rear
signal would flash a few times, then stop (dark), then start again...
etc.. on and on, always with the same time periods working and not
working. This was very annoying, and after examining the lamp, both
filaments were burning when it was working, so I -knew- it could not
be the lamp. I started going over the connections etc.. to no avail. I
ended up sticking a new lamp in, and now it's fine. It seems the lamp
base has a wire soldered into the tip. the solder connection was poor.
when the lamp became warm from use, the connection would open and it
would go dark until cool.