Re: [MV] towing a M35 with a 1 ton or ?

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 19:52:12 PST

No, a fifth wheel does not indicate that the vehicle is a commercial
vehicle. However, when 1000 commercial semis go down the road and you
come along in your non-commercial semi, you know what they are going to
think. They pretty much leave goosenecks alone in Indiana, although the
obviously commercial carrier gooseneck units are obvious targets. I have
seen some semis in Indiana, Ohio and Michigan that were clearly labeled,
"not for hire" to make it fairly obvious that they were non commercial
vehicles. Most have Farm plates on them.

Dave

--
Dave