Re: [MV] towing a M35 with a 1 ton or ?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:46:46 PST

Here in New Hampshire the defining point re:RV or not is do you have side
windows and is the vehicle wired for commercial power?
         The size of the vehicle or the gross weight of the vehicle has no
bearing on RV or not. I have seen VW factory campers up to 18 wheelers
registered in NH as RV's.
         All military shop vans are wired for 24 volts DC and 115 volts AC
inside the shop van. This allows the shop van versions of the Deuce and
five tonners to be legally registered as an RV if you don't want to
register it as antique.
         In most states if you don't know just check to see if your state
uses the same criteria.

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net
1998 IMZ 8.103