Re: [MV] Deuce M35A2 Engine/Trans Adapter Plate?

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:39:00 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: <uniquemachine@cybcon.com>
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2004 8:19 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Deuce M35A2 Engine/Trans Adapter Plate?

> How well does the cummins fit? I know the engine compartment for a 5 ton
is longer.
> What about the cooling issue? Larger radiator?

The Cummins rads are huge in comparison to the Deuce variety.

I can't remember specifics, but someone I was talking to somewhere put the
LDS Multifueler (out of an M54A2 5-ton) into his M35A2. I think he said
that while it had noticeably more power under many conditions, it liked to
run really hot with the M35 rad. I'm pretty sure he put a bigger radiator
in it, but also wound up doing something to the front sheet metal (lifting
it maybe?) to accomodate the bigger rad. I wasn't staring at the truck, so
I don't know how he dealt with the longer vs. shorter engine compartment
size or any of the other potential nightmares.

As to the other fellow, 5-Ton and Deuce transmissions are different..