Re: [MV] Rear License Plate Mounting - M1008

From: Geno (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 08:40:25 PST

I have been watching this about the plate...
What I do is this..
I use a US Army Issue Mule Shoe........I weld a piece of 1X1/4 across the
bottom end of the shoe..welding both ends to the flat stock... I then drill
holes to bolt the plate to...then paint it nice and CARC Green....or - what
ever color the vehicle is.. Then I open my pintel and hang the shoe with
plate in there !!
If I haul a trailer...which - I have only done one time anyway..I just put
the plate in the vehicle for the trip..
No mods to the vehicle this way....and no problems.
Wire ties here in Colorado would only last a few weeks at most -- too much
sun here..they get brittle real fast and break.
What - no Mule shoes -- plenty of horse shoes around.!!
Gene