Re: [MV] Semi Related 'oops' photos

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 11:27:10 PST

Might it be this?

    "
Near death accident when F-16 meets car (Ties go to the jet)
Nettavisen ^ | 1.13.04 | Carin Pettersson

Posted on 01/13/2004 5:36:59 PM PST by mhking

It was only chance that prevented serious personal injuries when a delivery
truck was penetrated by the fastener for the rocket on an F-16 plane at Bodø
main airport Monday.

The dramatic even took place Monday morning at Bodø main airport. An F-16
plane, which was being transported to the engineering workshop for repairs,
was towed by a tractor on one of the taxi strips in the area.

At the same time, one of the Norwegian Air Force's cars, a Toyota Hiace,
came driving past. The driver was going to deliver bottles of oxygen to one
of the shelters.

Cut his earlobe

The rail under one of the wings went right through the windshield of the
car, cut the driver's earlobe before piercing the neck-rest above his head.

"It could have ended much worse," admitted Jan Arntzen, group captain at
Bodø main airport to the local paper Avis Nordland. "