Re: [MV] Mil Fire Truck photo site

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 12:22:46 PST

Thanks Ron for the interesting site which bought a curious question to
mind...when viewing the FMTV type trucks with no apparent bumper on the
front...how would they load them on board ship if needed? Without the
bumper and shackles fore and aft. Maybe it's back to the old style we
used in the early sixties where they drove them up on a metal plates
fore and aft with a slot that the wheels sat in and slings to lift with
the ships 50 ton crane. I may have answered my own question but that
seems a lot slower than the shackle method...anybody?...Fred