Re: [MV] M35 sprag front axle, Working or Not?

From: m35products (m35prod@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 15:49:04 PST

Kenny, that sounds worse than crude. That sounds downright impolite!

Why not just remove the two front drive flanges. That takes about 5 minutes.
Then put some white paint or tape on a few spots on the front,
forward-facing driveshaft flange (on the front differential), where an
assistant can watch it, as you drive towards him/her, slowly in first gear.
Since the front wheels are disconnected from the front driveshaft, they are
moving, essentially, at zero MPH, which is slower than the rear wheels, at
any speed. Therefore the sprag should kick in, evidenced by the turning
front shaft. I think this will work in reverse, too.

Then just put the drive flanges back on the front wheels. No trees, no
straps, no trips to the emergency room. Voila!

A P Bloom, Pres.
Inter Agency Motor Pool
www.M35products.com