Re: [MV] M35 sprag front axle, Working or Not?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 14:52:54 PST

In a message dated 2/5/04 4:34:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, frey2@eng.usf.edu
writes:

> how can i determine whether or not it is working. i
> dont want to go off roading to see,

Crude as it sounds, I just pull up against a big tree in compund low and let
out the clutch. There will be evidence in the yard if the front drive is
working. Checking it in reverse is a little more difficult. You can try to line it
up on the bumperette or use a heavy chain or tow strap. I've concluded from
my 4 wheelin and off road recovery business, straps of adequate size work
best. I keep a 6" recovery strap with my truck!
Kenny