Re: [MV] that's some deep water there fella...

From: Steve Randall (srandall64@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 14:27:38 PST

Here's an exerpt, from that link I posted..

            "An interesting feature of these trucks is their deep water
fording ability. This is accomplished by their fuel and ignition systems
being completely sealed. Without any preparation G749's can cross water 30
inches deep. With the addition of an available deep water fording kit the
driver of a G749 truck can be sitting in the water his truck is crossing. In
fact these trucks have actually been tested travelling completely
submerged."

             "The engine air cleaner, located on the fire wall, has two
intakes. One on the unit itself and one located on the dash inside the cab.
Under normal operating conditions, air is drawn from under the hood by the
intake on the cleaner while the intake on the dash is capped. During fording
operations, the cap on the dash intake is removed and placed on the intake
under the hood so air is drawn from inside the cab. If the water level is
expected to reach cab level, an extension tube (included in the deep water
fording kit) can be clamped to this intake."