Testing the deuce in the snow

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 21:03:07 PST

Got the deuce out for the first time this year. I
can't drive it in January due to the collector plates.
 Anyway, 20 deg. and she fired right up no problem.
Then I drove down to what is locally referred to as
the "shale pit" basically just some old quarries that
everyone plays in. I must say I am impressed at how
well it handled in the snow. It is set up with 10
tires-all pretty much bald too. 14-20" of medium
density snow is no problem. Just have to watch out
for axle hop.

It was kind of funny as I came out of one of the pits
there was a group of National Guard troops walking
down the road. I'm not sure what they were doing and
I did get some funny looks. There was a soldier in a
civi pickup following them and he waved for me to stop
as he thought I was someone else from the armory. We
both had a laugh when he said my deuce looked better
than some of the ones they have.

Anyone else have any akward moments while driving
their deuce? Like getting mixed in with a funeral
procession for example?

Marc