Re: [MV] Testing the deuce in the snow

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 10:54:48 PST

About 2 weeks ago, after work, my son and I decided to go 4 and 10 wheeling out behind our place in the deep snow. He was driving my Jeep Liberty and I was at the wheel of the deuce. We bombed around for awhile until he got stuck sideways on a small slope. The more we tried to free it the more it slid into the trees and bushes. I decided that we were going to bring the deuce around and straighten out the Liberty w/ the winch (I do not need much of an excuse to pull out the cable). I drove up our barn path, turned around, and then promptly slid off the barn path and into the branches of an old, large, not pruned for a long time apple tree. My convoy lights were really tangled up. I could not back-up the hill. Every attempt to go backwards was rewarded with sliding closer to the old, large....tree trunk. As all this was going on , I saw my son pull free from his predicament. We then spent the next 45 minutes pruning our way thru the tree while discussing the merits of tire chains, rear mounted winches and having a 5 ton wrecker. Amazingly the convoy lights came out unscathed, the cab top didn't get ripped up and we were only slightly sick from breathing diesel exhaust while standing in the bed pruning away.

We had a great time.

Dave McConnell