M35 Advice and Question

From: Grant Stockly (grant@stockly.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 01:45:56 PST

I found an M35 for sale locally in Alaska. Looks like a Reserve truck in
good condition. Can anyone tell me what the funny canister looking thing
sticking out of the passenger side front under the headlight is?

http://users.superford.org/bronco85/Misc%20Pictures/2.5%20duce/IMG_1535.JPG

Also, I distinctly remembering something about being able to tell winch
engine is in it from the exhaust setup. Any ideas?

http://users.superford.org/bronco85/Misc%20Pictures/2.5%20duce/IMG_1506.JPG
http://users.superford.org/bronco85/Misc%20Pictures/2.5%20duce/IMG_1509.JPG

Here is a grand listing:
http://users.superford.org/bronco85/Misc%20Pictures/2.5%20duce/

I didn't look at it in person because my schedule is really tough right
now, but will if it looks promising. I like the condition its in, compared
to a lot of other decues I've seen running around town. Any opinions out
there? The guy wants $4200, which is a good deal compared to the used
truck sales lot in town. Does USARAK mean US Army Reserve Alaska? One
weekend a month? Is that why its in good condition (just my observation, I
really don't know).

Thanks for your help,
Grant