Re: [MV] starter and TM needed for wierd Nissan SD-33 engine

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 20:34:01 PST

CJ10A is a rather unique little beast I was able to get a starter shop to
locate brushes for my starter. A couple of fittings on the injection pump
was little more work. But mine is running like a champ.

I've got one, and been looking for a manual for a few years now. Only thing
I found was for a CJ10 Tonner in the land down under, Australia, which is
the only place that this original sized vehicle was sold. Theres just not a
lot of info out there on the model. Even less on this flightline version.
AMC built em, and PSI modified em for flighline use only. I spoke with
staff at LOGSA and they had no records of anything ever published for it.
Might try Air Force side somewhere, but I've not tracked a gov manual down
yet.

The Nissan engine was only an option in the civilian version. The SD 33
also came in some early model International Scouts, and some Nissan trucks.
The transfer case is in permanent low range. Taking the block plate off of
the shift arm and moving it makes no difference, so I guess its missing a
slide fork, or has a fixed gear arrangement. That rear end is LOW. So
about 25MPH is top speed in mine.

The civy version was equipped with 6 lug axles front and rear, dana 44's I
believe. It could be had with either a pickup bed or a flat tray body.

Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll check my notes.

John Doherty