Re: [MV] Roll bar on 5 ton and deuces? Anyone know of a mil one?

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 13:48:33 PST

The Pipeline Construction variant (M756A2) has a cab protector and a shorter
bed. The rear winch is mounted within this tubular structure. See pages
144-145 in David Doyle's MV catalog (it's a lot more than a catalog, but
that's what it's called).
On my own deuce, I think the knuckleboom crane serves as a ROP. Hope I never
have to find out how well it works.
The accident is a tragedy. Wonder if bright flashing lights would have
slowed the tractor trailer...
Bjorn