Re: [MV] Roll bar on 5 ton and deuces? Anyone know of a mil one?

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 13:16:27 PST

At 12:58 PM -0800 2/13/04, J wrote:
>This accident on I-70 prompts me to get off the dime and come up
>with, or obtain, a rollbar. I'm always a bit nervous that an
>accidtnt will result in a rollover, and there is nothing to protect
>the cab, at all. Shop vans and dump trucks do have a prayer, but not
>the cargo trucks. Anyone ever see a military version of a rollbar?
>Looks like there is just enough room between the cab and bed to
>sneak one in there and attach it to the frame. Jim

I was thinking a similar thing. I've got a desire for a combination
cab protector, tire stowage point and roll bar for the 5 Ton I'm
looking at. What I'm thinking is adapting the design of cab protector
for the bolster truck protection. That also gets you an additional
bit of stowage space for tools behind the driver and a Tire stowage
point behind the passenger side. Shifting the bed back by less than a
foot shouldn't affect much as far as balance goes.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -