M35 and brakes

From: uniquemachine@cybcon.com
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 12:18:58 PST

I was told in the past that the M35's brake shoes are actually quite
narrow and that the inside area of the brake drums are fairly wide
and much wider shoes could be used and braking greatly
improved. Has anyone ever checked into this? Also, what size
diameter wheel slave cylinder does the M35 use? What about
using a larger diameter bore wheel cylinder to help also? When
working on my friends old M54, I was told that they originally came
with 1 1/2" bores in the front and 2" in the back, and that the fronts
should be replaced with the 2" units. We did and they bolted right
in and made a difference. Also, I believe the M151's went through
a bore size upgrade, but I don't remember the specifics, I just
remember doing it to mine.

Jon