Re: [MV] Roll bar on 5 ton and deuces? Anyone know of a mil one?

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 13:01:10 PST

I think we are missing or not discussing one valid issue here. Before I begin
I want to say that no deaths should be factored in but the fact remains that
this seems to be an isolated incident. Could roll over protection have saved
these men's lives? Quite possibly. So could leaving for their destination 2
minutes earlier. If they had left 2 minutes earlier a slow moving Volvo could
have been crushed. Could an amber rotator or strobe helped? Could 100 strobes
have helped? It the driver of the semi fell asleep at the wheel then then answer
would probably be no. I guess what I'm trying to say is this, when you drive
on these streets you take a calculated risk of crash. You can control your
actions but you certainly can't control the other clowns actions. People die every
day in traffic related incidents. My small vehicle is a crew cab 1 ton (with
exception of the police vehicle.) Any day of the week I would rather be in
the cab of my 13,000# deuce without rollover protection than my 6400# pickup
with a cab.
Bottom line is make the safety changes necessary to protect life and limb and
drive prudently and defensive. Just remember that you are entering (the
highway system) at your own risk.
Kenny