Re: [MV] CTIS question and driver instruction

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 17:45:39 PST

Jeepers, Bjorn...
    Well, following that public ridicule, I had to go looking for the -10
that I neglected to turn back in with the truck. Manual says the CTIS
Highway setting is 60 psi, Off Road (Cross country) is 35 psi. Normal air
system pressure (primary and accessory) was between 120 and 150 psi. Tire
size is 1400R20 on the CTIS models. There were 4 air drains in a manifold
behind the cab and 3 or 4 good sized air tanks under the truck, IIRC.
    The -10 doesn't say anything about compressor output, so we'll have to
see if anybody else comes up with that info. I distinctly remember you could
feel the truck rising up when you pushed the highway setting and drove
across the parking lot from the dirt to the road.
    Too much math for me to argue with. That's my story and I'm sticking to
it!
Ron