Re: [MV] 6 WHEEL STUDEBAKER

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 04:04:28 PST

Difference of experience:

----- Original Message -----
From: "John K. Seidts" <jseidts@astory.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2004 11:41 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] 6 WHEEL STUDEBAKER

> Plug for Studebakers- they use the Hercules JXD engine- 7 main bearings
and
> nearly bullet proof. Highly recommended.

I have one in a genset. I am NOT flat head fan and after my experiance with
waterpumps
and the thrust block which no one adjusts which then takes the water pump
out!

I know how difficult it is to work on an OHV gmc CCKW sometimes. I cannot
imagine
how much worse it would be to work on a Herc in a Stude burried inside that
small engine
compartment. Think valve adjustment....

Steve AKA Dr Deuce