Re: Re: [MV] Books, Oddly Enough

From: Herr Bookmonger (bookmonger@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 00:56:27 PST

My local public library has a VERY FIRM policy on refusing to put donated
books on the shelf. They will accept books to sell at Friends of The
Library book sales and use the money to buy books. This inane and
infuriating policy has been a bone of contention for over a decade.

I once again donate books to the local VA Medical Center. They refused for
a couple years simply because I had donated so many books they ran out of
room to store them until they were needed. (Always got strange looks when I
gave them Historical Romances... no one thinks about the wives and the hours
& hours they spend waiting.)

Herr Bookmonger

M-43 Truck Ambulance ¾ Ton 4x4