Fw: [MV] Books, Oddly Enough

From: Herr Bookmonger (bookmonger@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 01:53:12 PST

He asked me to forward it to the list.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raimondo L.Torelli" <thealamo@iigb.na.cnr.it>
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 1:35 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] Books, Oddly Enough

I am a Librarian, a Scientific Librarian: I believe I am the oldest
Librarian in Italy.
  I completely agree with you!!! It is very stupid and insane to refuse
books because of lack of space or SELL (!!!!!) them to make some money to
buy... books....!!!!!!
If they do not have space on their shelfs (this is a BIG problem with many
Libraries) just store them until you have space OR - BETTER - make a sort
of selection by putting away old books or books which have been consulted
so many times or books which are VERY SELDOM consultated/borrowed! This
means work, I know!, but this is the job for a good Librarian.

I am sending this posting directly to you because the mil-veh list is
bouncing back my postings since 3 years.... Please, send this posting for
me to the mil-veh list. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raimondo - MVPA 15878 & IMPS 2320
GPW Jeep - Looking for a 1/4 ton jeep trailer