IFTA and IRP???

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 12:34:06 PST

Does anyone have any experience with this additional layer of
bureaucratic obfuscation? Apparently, even though a privately owned
and driven 5 ton not used in commercial purposes is totally except
from Federal Motorcarrier Safty Administration guidelines, it still
puts you in some gray area where you have to get some form of
International Fuel Tax Association and International Registration
Plan decals. Its like the states got together and decided they were
going to tax on an interstate manner separate from the federal
government.

Its enough regulatory BS that I'm starting to rethink my desire for a
5 ton truck. Perhaps I do need to get a shop van body but then that
means I need a trailer.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -