Re: [MV] jump starting with a 24V generator

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 16:53:26 PST

>Starter's 24V on CUCVs. Also, for those who may come across a pile of
>starters not knowing whether they're 24V or 12V, look on the top of the
>solenoid and you'll see a "24V" if it's the 24V type.

Just a little tid-bit here, in the case of Delco starters, I was told by my
rebuilder guy that if the data plate has a red background it's 12V and if it
has an orange background then it's 24V. This seems to apply to Delco
generators as well as I have come across a number of examples to verify the
above.

later,

je