CTIS, more info

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 04:42:42 PST

Hi list,
I realize that the CTIS is not a particularly popular subject since so few
of us have any experience with it. Michael Goodden (The around the world in
an -A3 deuce fellow) may be the exception, but he may no longer be on our
list.
Anyway, found this on air-up times for a commercial 4x4 vehicle:

<http://char.tuiasi.ro/vw/reality/rogerb/4x4/CheapTricks/OnBoardAir.html>

A number of other sources of on-board air are available. Of the non-engine
driven sources, I've compiled a list of air up times (35x12.50 tire measured
in seconds) to use as comparison:
Begin/End (psi) Currie QuickAir-II ARB PowerTank
8 / 30 230 260 355 115
8 / 25 175 180 265 85
8 / 15 65 70 95 30
15 / 25 110 110 170 55
25 / 30 55 75 90 20
Approx. Cost ($) 495 255 25 299
Run Time Unlimited 40 minutes 40 minutes 40 32" tires, 15-30 psi

This data was measured without any air storage tank, except the PowerTank,
which is nothing but an air (actually CO2) tank and the ARB which includes a
small internal tank.

The modified air conditioning compressor is also a popular air source:

    * http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/yorkair.html
    * http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/ford/bigbroncos/tech/ac_conv.html
    * http://users.success.net/luv2jeep/on-board.html
    * http://www.huv.com/jon/jeep/Air/index.html
    * http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/faqs/aircompr.html
    * http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1172/air.htm

Back to my Cheap Tricks main page.

Cheers,

Bjorn
Meadows of Dan, (Blue Ridge mountains) Virginia

Say “good-bye” to spam, viruses and pop-ups with MSN Premium -- free trial
offer! http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/