Re: [MV] M927 value?

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 04:52:54 PST

Mark,
IMOH, That is WAY too much to pay for that truck. I owned a super nice M928A1 (with winch) that I sold recently. Pics of the truck are in David Doyle's book. I only asked $12,500 for my truck and I believe that was the correct price for such a truck. My truck had a recent, clean motor...all new seat cushions, very good tires, a winch, new vinyl cab top, all metal composite lights, no rust, good paint, was fully serviced, new muffler...and you could come drive it. Oh, yeah, my truck also had Detroit lockers since it was a USMC truck.

By the time you add the 10% bidders premium and tax into it, this guy will have almost $15K in it...and that's BEFORE he even tries to crank it. What happens if something is wrong with it? Those transmissions are very expensive to repair, and even more to replace. I suggest you steer clear of this one. It appears that someone else (must be at least two people) don't know what they are bidding on and probably think they can't find M939 series trucks elsewhere. The person bidding on the truck is going to be paying RETAIL price once he gets the truck, and that is assuming nothing is wrong! Anyone who does not think $15K for that truck is retail, does not know where to look for M939 series trucks. I know of a really nice M923A1 that just was sold for $14K. I sold my really nice M932 for $13K (pics in David Doyle's book). I sold my M928A1 for $12,500. They are out there. Keep looking.

Be careful,
Bruce