Re: [MV] Studebaker 6x6?????

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 19:53:21 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Gilmore" <jgilmore@ptd.net>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Studebaker 6x6?????

>.and NONE OF THEM show a Studebaker 1 1/2 ton 6x6 being built, delivered or
used by any Armed Service in WW II.

I came to pretty much the same conclusion. I know all branches liked to
purchase one-off militarized civvy models and stick "Responsible Agency"
plaques on them anyway, but as far as a production vehicle goes - I looked
through all my stuff too and couldn't find anything Studebaker related when
I first posted my own question as to what the thing might be. Maybe it is
indeed a "missing link"? Photos would be much appreciated, as I know I'll
certainly tack them into the back of Crismon's book and all the others at
work for the benefit of future generations.