Re: [MV] M101A2 and Fiberglass "Wood"

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 20:00:52 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Baker, George R. - Eastman" <grbaker@eastman.com>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 7:08 PM
Subject: [MV] M101A2

> I'm posting this for a list member having problems posting...please reply
to him.

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to find out the possible value of a M105A2 1986
Trailer in camo in good condition
>, with unidirectional tires, used spare wheel & tire, all four fiberglass
(not wood) sides and new canopy, chock blocks,
> new front rolling jack system, new rear jack leveling system, LED blackout
lights. Also if anybody has the manuals
> you can email me that would be greatly appreciated.

The header says "M101A2" (is there even such a creature?), where the body
talks about a M105A2. Typo, I imagine.

Off-topic, but the 'fiberglass instead of wood' isn't always a grand option.
I have a full set of fiberglass 'wood' on one of the deuces at work, and the
ends of the seats and side-wood very, very dangerously splinter and
fracture. While you may get the odd splinter from a piece of decaying deuce
wood-wood, this fiberglass stuff cuts your paws mercilessly if you don't
watch out. One of the film trucks has the rear portion of the upper 'wood'
disintegrating into just that sort of hazard, and as that's precisely the
point the extras hold on to when climbing into the truck, I'm going to have
to change the side racks back to wood, or gun-tape it up temporarily.