Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs circuit

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 10:17:10 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Amnon" <amnon@deltaforce.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 6:42 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] CUCV Glow Plugs circuit

> and you told me to take the controller card out, I did, and in the
> process of pulling it out of the case, I realized that one of the two
capacitors
> on the edge of the card was not soldered right and its leg was loose. I
am now
> wondering if that was the reason for the breakdown. I soldered it and put
the
> card in a nice static free bag, and stuck it in the glove compartment, I
am a
> firm believer in 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' :-) It is working great
now
> with the manual switch.

I have come across that exact-same capacitor problem six-eight times already
myself, and believe it to be a manufacturing flaw. I put one back in
service after the resolder which is still working, where on the others the
cards were being pulled out after conversion to the manual system, so I
don't know whether the resoldering would've fixed whatever problems were
going on with the vehicles or not.

With the manual system I spend a great deal less time troubleshooting stuff,
and have yet to have to change a swelled glow plug in any vehicle I've
installed the manual system in. Way less headaches.