RE: [MV] A little MV content but more on "Big Brother"

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 20:07:10 PST

Hi Dave
For several years now unknown to most people the computers in OBDII
vehicles have been able to act as a "black box" of sorts. No one knew
about it until some smart lawyers began requesting the info from the
crash vehicle under discovery. Once people found out about it there was
a big stink brewing and now the vehicle manufacturers are actually
telling people about it. Criminal and Civil lawyers will be requesting
the info as a matter of course now in all major prosecutions. The
biggest thing is it records the speed leading up until just before air
bag deployment. You can see where that will have a predictable effect
in court.

By the way, in regard to the rental vehicle, when you disconnect the
system or antenna it immediately causes an alert which results in them
assessing the fine for that too.

MV content: We don't have to worry about it in our M151 :)

Later
Glenn
M151