Re: [MV] CUCV M1008 oil question

From: Michael Howell, DO (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 20:40:35 PST

Did you get 10w30 diesel rated oil. I forget what letters must be
present after the 10w30 (SE comes to mind) but plain 10w30 isn't good
enough. I don't think the Shell 15w40 that everyone recommends now was
available in 1985. I had a 1980 civilian diesel pickup and the owners
manual made a big deal about the weight and the rating.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS
M1010