Things NOT to do in February

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 00:58:11 PST

Number One in an occasional Series.....

Dont take a ride in a Command car with no side doors in sub zero
temperatures behind a gale swept Omaha Beach!

Fun to drive as they always are, I had forgotten how cold Dodges can be -
having been spoilt by the relative warmth of Armour for years.
It was a nice Command Car - only faulted by the French army seats and a
bargain at just 13,000 - euros - about the same in Dollars I guess so my
friend bought it there and then.

The seller took a route up a track where he recovered recently a large
section of glider wing with the invasion stripes still visible. Yes there is
still evidence to be found of D Day in the fields and hedgrows. Sand
tracking in almost every farmyard it seems.

Nige