Halftrack Question(s)

From: John Brian Seeling (JBSeeling@cox-internet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 06:37:35 PST

This weekend, our little city had a Mardi Gras parade and I took the M34A2
down and backed it up right to the street where the parade was passing. A
friend of the family came by, asked about the old deuce, then explained that
he had what he believes to be a complete halftrack and an apc on some
property that had been his father's "junkyard museum." Says that neither
one has been moved in 30 years, and said that I could make him an offer for
either or both, since he wants all the junk off the property to clean it up.
I'm going to see what they look like in about a week, but we're going to
have to coordinate our schedules so that I can get out to where the vehicles
have been stored (outside, woods, no road in, so we have to wait for it to
dry out a bit).

What should I look for? I don't know anything about halftracks or APC's.
I'll bring a digital camera and will take some pics when I go, but what
should I be looking for in particular to be able to get a feel for what
these vehicles are worth? Since I know the guy, I want to make him a fair
offer for what he has, but need to have an idea of what is "fair" under the
circumstances. Anybody that doesn't want to reply to the list, feel free to
e-mail me directly.

- John Brian Seeling
  Alexandria, LA