Re: [MV] SME Export/ Nuts GL prices

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 15:59:08 PST

> Yeah. How about the person who spent $16,700 on an
> M816 wrecker (advertised as an M543) that
> *HOPEFULLY* runs ands drives with no problems.
> Figuring 5% tax and 10% BP, that's $19288.50, and it
> hasn't even moved off of the lot!!!!!!! Ranchers
> Supply has a nice looking M816 that you can test
> drive for $12500. I see M816's advertised for
> $14-16K all the time that need nothing and I can
> drive them! Who is buying these trucks!?!?!?
++++++++
I've seen a lot of stuff re-listed, must be the people
find out just how much it costs to move it, or that GL
doesn't ship OR guarantee anything.

> I hope whoever paid $5600-$5700 for the M1028A3's in
> Hawaii, lives on the island. If not, they'll be
> almost $9-10K trucks once they get to the west
> coast!!! I can buy a running, low mileage M1028 and
> convert it for way less than that!!!! Hopefully,
> they did not think they were actually A2 models, as
> GL's site stated. If they were hoping for an NP205,
> they're going to be disappointed. Then again, if
> they were bidding on them specifically for the
> NP205, then shame on them. They should have known
> better, just from the pics....
+++++++++
WHAT?? You mean GL descriptions might not be
accurate??

That's Ok, the "fine print" will cover them,....... GL
that is.

> I keep going back to the thought that once enough
> people get burned, the prices will come back in
> line. Of course, the other problem is that there's a
> sucker born everyday, so, maybe we are doomed
> forever.....
I wonder if GL realizes that I haven't bid on anything
in MONTHS!

I wonder if I can get Sen. Hillary to investigate
them.

Joe