Re: [MV] NO MV but more on "Big Brother"

From: patrick jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 18:15:51 PST

Run some high voltage wires froma stun gun into the computer and
connect them via a small spark gap one to the flash/E2PROM and one to
the CPU. you may have to identify the best pins for the attachment but
memory address lines and clock lines are always a good bet. After the
accident, operate the stun gun. this will silence the computer nicely.
If you do the attachments well, with very small wires at the ends of
the HV wires, you can have it so you can yank out the HV wires and
dispose of the stun gun and wires assembly hastily.
-or-
Call your own wrecker immediately and Never let the police tow the
vehicle to their choice of location. you have the right to have it
towed wherever you wish, by a wrecker company of your choice, although
a cop may try to argue the point. May not apply under certain
circumstances, but if no one's dead, you should be clear. Once the
vehicle is in your posession, you can make sure the computer will
never tattle.
-or-
if the data is written to a specific chip which is used for nothing
else, set the chip enable or write enable lines permanently to not
function. There will be no data.

Soon enough, someone will have figured out a way to make this all very
simple.

Just say "NO" to big brother.

We used a similar tactic to get replacements for circuit boards which
had intermittent problems but which company policy demanded be
repaired unless totaled. The savings in man-hours outweighed the cost
of replacement boards. a few passes over them with the old stun gun,
and every part would be fried leaving no evidence.