Re: [MV] NO MV but more on "Big Brother"

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 04:47:23 PST

    I once repaired a 40 HP air compressor which had a onboard computer
which told me that it had been run for over 14 hours on three occasions
the previous week. When I got the unit repaired and returned it to the
job site in Hueytown Ala. I decided I was going to have some fun with
this and asked the foreman about it and found out that it had indeed
been run for this amount of time on these days, someone on the site had
used it to paint a car or something. If this info had gotten back to
the bosses every welder on the site would have probably been canned.

    The Cummins Celect computer on my road tractor will also record such
information for posterity, luckily it is my truck and I don't have to
answer to anyone else but me why I lugged it here or got to fast there.