Re: [MV] Angle of Hmmwv rear tires

From: ALEJANDRO CHAVEZ (achavezv_gm@yahoo.com.mx)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 04:53:13 PST

Ron
   I think all the military humvees front and rear
tires are in that configuration because "most of the
time loaded" or something like that, the issue is that
a military vehicle it´s almost always carrying some
heavy load that "lateral align the tires" in a
civilian we have not always heavy loads,
    So in the upper A arms where they are attached to
the chassis there are 3 or more "spacer plates"
--remove all of it--
I use a buble lever to verify the angle and it is much
better, not 90° but close, I think I have to add some
weight anyway,
maybe 5 or six boxes filled with ice and beers?
get some towers for support the lower A arms
I don´t remember the torque but I can see the manual
I spend 4 days doing this in the 4 wheels

Alejandro
1985 HMMWV
1942 GPW

Serve yourself the bigest part posible of the cake of
life, and pay the price
--- Ron <rojoha@comcast.net> escribió: > Sounds like
either it's too lightly loaded (maybe a