Re: [MV] Original paint color for M135?

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 17:25:10 PST

I did a real restoration to a 1952 M135. I did a lot of
research so the truck that was converted for Civil Defense
would be 100% correct. The early M-Series, including the
M37, used a late WWII semi-gloss o.d. It's a special
color and I think Army Jeep Parts is the sole supplier.
         http://www.armyjeepparts.com/
I checked the color by comparing it to the paint on the
inside of the deep water fording cap on the dash. This
was an exact match. Tell George at AJP that you want the
special color for early M-Series, the color I described.
The later semi-gloss o.d. on my 1952 M37 is flaking off
and revealing the lighter WWll color.
Joe Young