Michigan historic plate info

From: L51940@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 16:23:56 PST

I was at our friendly Secretary of State office today to renew a handful of commercial plates for our business. While there I inquired about obtaining historic plates for a 5 ton wrecker (on wish list). The lady told me that historic plates were no problem for any size truck of the appropriate age and furthermore, a CDL license was not required to drive it. This question seems to come up regularly.

On the paint issue, Aerovoe paint has worked well so far on our deuce. The paint sprayed nicely and it seems to be holding up good. Their tech support was most helpful too.

Dave McConnell